Thursday, February 19, 2015

A New Start

I'm here with a fresh start on a newly titled blog. I started a blog last year and then abruptly stopped updating it after deciding to start my personal blogging experience with a huge project that was a bit too much to chew for a new writer. I'm back and ready to roll.

Some background information on myself: My name is Andy, and I'm a 24-year-old living in Columbus, Ohio, originally from southwest Michigan. I have a love of movies, television, and pop culture that I inherited from my parents, although my tastes diverged from their's years ago. I have an obsession with musicals, which I blame largely on my childhood coinciding with the Disney Renaissance.

Being gay has a huge impact on the way I view pop culture. I have been fully out and proud since 2010 (I got off to a late start). I love drag queens and if I had the resources to do drag, I would in a heartbeat.

As for the title of this blog, it's pulled from a quote from Sunset Blvd. I've recently been trying to plug some of the massive holes in my film-watching history, and that quote struck me as funny. I have a very simple sense of humor at times, to be honest.

Here's the link to my ICheckMovies page. I have no idea if anyone else uses this site, but I personally love keeping track of these sorts of things. Feel free to look at it or not.

That's all for now. I'm sure any readers who happen to stumble on this will eventually get an idea of who I am through my posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment